Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dark Enchantments





There is a spell in Aradia: Gospel of the Witches by Charles Leland that can be used for good or bad.

The Conjuration Of The Lemon And The Pins Sacred To Diana

A lemon stuck full of pins of different colours always brings fortune.

If you receive as a gift a lemon full of pins of divers colours, without any black ones among them, it signifies that your life will be perfectly happy and prosperous and joyful.

But if some black pins are among them, you may enjoy good fortune and health, yet mingled with troubles which may be of small account.


It goes on to tell you how you can lesson the influence of the black pins. You are also told to stick the lemon with many black pins if you want the person to have a lot of ill fortune. A green lemon is recommended because it sets hard and turns black. Along with the spell is an incatation to Diana demanding and even threatening Her to do your bidding. I find it interesting that in this present age we ask for assistance from our Gods, in the not so distant past it was quite different.

I have not tried this spell  but I think it can be adapted for the modern age. Used for good will or baneful wishes is up to the witch to decide. I also think a blackened lemon stuck full of pins would make a spellbinding Halloween prop.

Happy Casting, V

13 comments:

  1. So, when life gives you lemons, stick a bunch of multi-colored pins in them! (But not black ones!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all new to me! The lemon filled with black pins would make an interesting decoration/conversation piece, but I wouldn't actually think of anyone while sticking the pins in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Justine

    You could always think of all the bad people in the world. They could use some bad luck for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to be extra nice to you now LOL.
    Think I will try the colored pin one though I need some good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa

    I promise not to send you a black pinned lemon. I hope Lady Fortune shines Her light on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used the "purple coffin" curse once, when I was in high school. The next day the person I invisioned in the coffin was on crutches. I hope I've paid for the smut on my soul by now )^;

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting. I have never heard of this before! I'm going to do a gift for my mom, with the lemon and different colored pins ;o) I guess you keep it in the fridge so it lasts longer? Or would it dry out? Just wondering, do you keep it? Because if you threw it out, would you have to say something?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Avoid pulling the pin on any combustible lemons you may stumble across.

    Diana, diana. Oh, she's the roman variant on the lunar goddess. You know, somehow I was worshipping her waaaaaaay before I was ever aware of the mythology. I've always used crescent moon symbols and white rabbits.

    Weird how that works.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lorelei

    I'm sure you have paid for it by now. that must have been a shock to see her like that after you "cursed" her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Magic Love Crow

    It only gives the incatations for lessoning the influence of the black pinned lemon recieve. Burying a magicla charm is the common thing to do. On your property for good far away from you for bad. You could say as you are burying the lemon " MAy good luck continue to follow me".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mantan

    I think it's funny how many of us believed in the old gods and practiced magic before we knew what we were doing.

    ReplyDelete